Rotherham United have drawn 0-0 with Wycombe Wanderers with the visitors making it difficult for The Millers to play.

The first half at the AESSEAL New York Stadium was uninspired, with neither team at their best. Wycombe had the better of the action in the first half and tested the Rotherham defence on several occasions. 

It took 30 minutes for Rotherham to get their first attack of note after a dangerous cross into the box ended up in the arms of Wycombe goalkeeper David Stockdale.

Wycombe frustrated Rotherham with their constant attempts to break up play and stop The Millers from finding a rhythm.

Referee, Robert Madley, had to stop play and issue Rotherham midfielder Ollie Rathbone the first yellow card of the game for a series of fouls.

At half-time, neither team deserved to be ahead and a scrappy 45 minutes of football was brought to a close. Afterwards, the match was much the same with lots of breaks in play with Shane Ferguson having picked up a yellow card.

The Rotherham midfielder made an awkward challenge on Wycombe’s Jason McCarthy. 

Throughout the second half, Rotherham failed to find many moments of quality to break down Wycombe who were content with frustrating them.

The Millers had squandered their chances in the final third until Will Grigg got his first sight of the goal. The Northern Ireland international was skillfully given the ball by fellow striker Michael Smith, but a deflection took all the power out of the shot.

Moments later, the Wycombe keeper had to act as Smith looped a header towards the goal.  Rotherham continued to pressure Wycombe and thought they scored as Stockdale fumbled the ball from Daniel Barlaser’s cross.

Just as centre-back Richard Wood struck the ball toward the net, the referee had blown the whistle and issued a foul, much to the anger of Rotherham players. This was the last notable highlight and the referee brought the game to an end.

Before the game, much had been made of the form of both sides, with both teams in playoff spots and performing well.

Rotherham had thrashed Portsmouth 4-1 in their last game, who were pre-season favourites for League One success and Wycombe had won their last three games before this. Paul Warne’s Rotherham United had a solid start to their league campaign and this result made it seven games unbeaten.

The Millers sit in fifth place in the table having acquired 24 points from 13 games and hope to continue their decent form. Featured image credit: Rotherham United & Wycombe Wanderers